Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time. Time? Time!

"Do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."
-Benjamin Franklin (A Pennsylvanian, by the way).

I am not living purposefully.

I can tell by the way the days all run into each other, and nothing happens, even though I am doing things constantly. Where have all the minutes gone? College is like a time vortex. It squeezes all the seconds into a little, tiny box called "Your Bachelor Degree" and then hangs it up on the wall for later misplacement.

I feel a pervasive panic every time I stop to think. The panic is generated by the impending and possibly present inability to change the course of a life. Where I am, I have been for some time, and where I am, I will be for some time to come. Where I want to go seems to be so far from where I am, and it seems that this rate of progression is not sufficient to find the satisfaction associated with finding myself where I want to be. If I could only pause the flow of time, and strategize more effectively, could I become what I would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment