Monday, October 10, 2011

Persuasive Writing

For my persuasive writing class, I need to write a paper (I know, right? So weird). After watching this video clip done by CBS news on anorexia, I think I've found my topic of choice (well, the wide topic, at least).

When I was in middle school, I decided to brush my teeth every day after lunch. So, I would excuse myself from my table of friends each day, go to the bathroom, brush, and then come back. They noticed the pattern, and decided to ask me, out of kindness, if I were making myself throw up after eating. I explained that I just brushed my teeth, and they were cool with that.

What amazing friends I had. If I actually had been bulimic, I swear they would have saved my life that day, and only because they cared enough to ask. I think everyone should have someone in their life who cares enough to ask, and who they care enough about to ask. Part of asking is being around them enough to know what to ask, and being enough of a friend to be able to ask in a way that won't offend, but only show how much you care.

Thank you Alicia and Holly, for being that kind of friend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment