Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MacroVision and Rock Canyon Trail

Hey guess what? I'm dating an artist!
Jordan and I went on a nature hike this weekend and took my new macro filters for a spin! I had to finish up a roll of film with my 52mm lens, so Jordan used my d5000 for the first few minutes or so. Not bad, aren't they? The one above and the two below are his.
Isn't this just lovely? And to think, we live amidst such beauty.
Here's a picture of me! You don't see me a lot on this blog, do you? Well, there's a reason for that. I think Jordan has a talent for framing pictures, these aren't cropped at all.
I love Jordan's eyes, though this picture perhaps is not focused on the correct plane. I was using the +10 filter for these ones.


(This one obviously is without a macro filter. Isn't the foliage lovely? It reminds me of beautiful Pennsylvania. My, how I miss that place sometimes, especially in autumn when the colors turn, and PA, I know, is robed in gold, and red, and glory.)


I also used the +4 filter for some of these. It has a slightly wider depth in its field, and I like how it distorts the surrounding image less than the +10.


Lichen! (Not to be confused with Laken).
Janel, this dirt is for you.
More lichen.
Utah lake. So lovely, so dirty.
Yellow!
I wanted to get a photo of a bee in flight, because the bees were ought and busy on this bush, but alack. It was not meant to be (or rather, I ran out of patience).

No comments:

Post a Comment