Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1: Ontological Explanations.

This morning, when I was getting ready for the day, I decided not to wear any make up. You know what? I'm still alive, no one said anything, and most likely, no one noticed, either. Why do I wear the stuff?

Come to think of it, there are a lot of things that I do that don't affect the universe, or even the general public's perception of my self. Why do I make my bed? Shave my legs? Wash my dishes? Fold my laundry? Paint my nails?  Buy new clothes? Check the mail? Cross my legs? Sit up straight? Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera?

Oh, yeah. Self respect.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that the truth. As I was reading, I couldn't help but think that I do all of those things because of my Type A personality. Too funny! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I freaked out one day because I forgot mascara. It was definitely a reality check moment for me. You are a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definately given up making the bed, what's the point? My husband has taken on that job for the last 27 years. I guess I'm thankful. Make-up is only a little blush (when I remember). You can live quite well without it.

    ReplyDelete