Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mr. George

This is George Lincoln Barnhart, our Cat.
He is very old. In cat years, he is 64.

"Round the cathedral rang "vivat!"
Life to the everlasting cat."
-CATS the musical
I think he is very handsome.

You know, I've gotta say, I think animals are people, too. I'm not about to stop eating steak, or donate money to save the whales(I hate whales), but George is a kind little people. He likes getting and giving attention.
...and to be honest, I'm not really a cat person, so that's saying something.

A lot of people aren't very good at listening. They're excellent talkers, and excellent analyzers, and they excel at many things, but are just terrible at stopping, listening, understanding, and proceeding accordingly. So maybe George doesn't understand, or tell me anything in return for my thoughts(Except that he wants food, or that he loves me), but I'd have to say he's pretty good at listening.
We still sometimes get little voles and mice on our doorsteps. He protects us from rodents! That's part of the telling-us-that-he-loves-us part.
A noble cat, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment