Monday, September 19, 2011

Adventure(less)

One of my greatest fears is that my life, upon completion, will have been completely devoid of adventure.

Adventure: An exciting, unusual experience.

Sometimes I balk at the sudden realization that there is a slow, intrepid deletion to my previously unabated magnetism for vivacity. I am, as all living things are, slowly dying. For some reason, most unusual experiences are at first not exciting, but annoying, and I have to talk myself into feeling "adventurous."

What is the difference between an adventure, and a cumbersome, superfluous task? I don't know, but I think it has more to do with the individual than with the task and, for some reason, the number of cats/figurines/other collectible items you own seems to be a part of that difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment