Sunday, August 15, 2010

"...But Don't Take MY Word for It!"

Books I've read this summer:

1. My Fair Godmother, by Janette Rallison
2. Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer
3. Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones
4. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, by Elizabeth George Speare
5. Waiting for Godot, by Samuel Beckett
6. Till We Have Faces, by C. S. Lewis
7. The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
8. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
9. Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
10. Ophelia, by Lisa Klein
11. I, Coriander, by Sally Gardner
12. Lirael, by Garth Nix
13. The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Expuery
14. Castle in the Air, by Diana Wynne Jones

...and books I would like to read before school starts in two weeks:
1. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
2. Abhorsen by Garth Nix
3. Dune by Frank Herbert
4. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis

Till We Have Faces was again amazing. It is my favorite book of the summer still, though Howl's Moving Castle is particularly excellent, and Lirael had odd connections to me personally. The Alchemist was good, except for the part where the entire thing was one, huge, self contradiction. The Witch of Blackbird Pond bothered me, and I've decided that it's because it's a historical fiction. I might be morally opposed to historical fictions- I'll let you know how that development goes. The Little Prince was surprisingly familiar, and The Hunger Games made me cry.

Books I'd like to read after school starts but not for school:
1. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
2. Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
3. The Trial by Franz Kafka
4. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
5. Hunger Games #3!

Also, I firmly believe in libraries. Both the public and private kind.

1 comment:

  1. You've read and loved Till We Have Faces??!?! I knew I liked you!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete