Monday, April 12, 2010

Heir of Sea and Fire and Harpist in the Wind

First off, let me say how ridiculous these covers are. I couldn't find one, SINGLE, normal looking cover for these books. They're sooooo..... ugly.

I finished this trilogy, it began with "the Riddle Master of Hed," which I already wrote about. The story is good, but I have decided that I really want to re-write the whole thing. I think this was her first novel or something, and there are lots of things that I would change.

It could be re-released.... with a decent cover. And as one book. This really could be just one book.

What I found really surprising, was that the last book of the trilogy was nominated for a Hugo Award for best novel. Was 1980 just.... a really bad year?

The last book is a lot better than the first, as far as the writing goes. All together, however, this thing needs re-vamping.

1 comment: