Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I am NOT a Man.


Have I mentioned the paper I'm writing? It compares the world and characters created by Edgar Allan Poe to the world and characters of Batman. So while I was working on it yesterday in the family history library, my mind was understandably elsewhere. I suddenly realized that I would soon be embarrassed if I didn't use a restroom, so I made a quick dash to the lobby and into the bathroom- the men's bathroom. I just walked right in, without even looking at the sign, meaning to do my business and be done as fast as was humanly possible.

Luckily, a concerned young man who entered the room just behind me declared, "This is the men's room," and I soon became painfully aware that he was talking to me.

They say that children laugh grossly more than adults, so I feel comfortable saying that I laughed like a child for the rest of the day. I think the old woman researching her great, great grandma Sarah Beasley in the kiosk beside me worried for my sanity.

Come to think of it, I tried to use the men's room... maybe I should be worried, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment