Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Killers

This summer, I happened to have a Delta flight from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Salt Lake City, Utah. There was no in flight movie, so I first contented myself with watching the five stations of TV available. However, I soon found the music on the Delta kiosk more enjoyable, and stumbled upon this album: the killers, day and age.

I wasn't sure if my ardent love for this album was born of the extreme boredom I was experiencing when it blossomed into my life, or if it were genuine virtuosity that impressed me. Imagine, then, my trepidation when opening the cd package(I don't think I've bought a cd since high school), and put it in the player. I pressed play. The sound began to reverberate from the machine, and I was genuinely relieved. Apparently, I love the Killers.

3 comments:

  1. I will have to take a listen to this group sometime and let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of music is it? Rock? Pop? Jazz? I'll have to look it up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm, I think it's technically classified as "Punk Rock Revival," but just imagine Boston and Steve Miller Band colliding, and there you go.

    ReplyDelete